From the BBC, a list of 100 things we didn’t know this time last year. A few highlights:
- Urban birds have developed a short, fast “rap style” of singing, different from their rural counterparts.
- Standard-sized condoms are too big for most Indian men.
- The lion costume in the film Wizard of Oz was made from real lions.
- More than one in eight people in the United States show signs of addiction to the internet, says a study.
- Just one cow gives off enough harmful methane gas in a single day to fill around 400 litre bottles.
- Barbie’s full name is Barbie Millicent Roberts.
- The medical name for the part of the brain associated with teenage sulking is “superior temporal sulcus”.
- In the 1960s, the CIA used to watch Mission Impossible to get ideas about spying.
What have I learned? Age 55 feels a lot like 54.