Going through the stats for 2013 available at the GTAA website. The Greater Toronto Airports Authority operates [[Toronto Pearson International Airport]] (CYYZ) and employs me on a part-time basis on the Toronto Pearson Welcome Team.
- Passenger traffic was up 3.4% to 34,911,850 passengers boarding or deplaning in the 2 terminals
- Aircraft movements were actually down 0.2% at 433,975
- August was the busiest month with nearly 3.7 million passengers
- February was the slowest month with 2.5 million
- Nearly 40,000 people are directly employed at YYZ
With movements down but passenger count up this shows that the load factors are up which does explain why both Air Canada and WestJet reported good earnings.